- Razek, Rana, The Other Settlers: Arabs in the American West, 1528-Present. Chairs: Spickard/Yaqub.
- McIntosh, David, Excavating Archaeology’s Historical Legacies: The Emergence of Archaeology and the Colonial and Racial Foundations of Indigenous Representation. Chair: Spickard.
- Rudolph, Anna, Rewriting Radegund of Poitiers: Shifting Models of Women’s Sanctity and Gender Expectations from the Merovingian Era to the Twenty-first Century. Chair: Farmer.
- Arnold, Kashia, Trans-Pacific Values: The United States and the Regional Economy of the Pacific, 1900–1941. Chairs: Furner/O’Connor.
- Coles, Sasha, Homespun Respectability: Silk Worlds, Women’s Work, and the Making of Mormon Identity. Chair: Jacobson.
- Johnson, Lisa (Lisa Meyers), Caesarea Maritima and the Ecclesiastical History: Reading Eusebius in Geographical Context. Chair: Digeser.
- MacMahon, Christopher, Riparian Revolt: Water Policy and Ecological Change in Early Nevada, 1850–1900. Chair: Brooks.
- Seketa, Stephanie, Global Anxieties and Local Struggles: Antisemitism, Jewish Business, and the Marketing of Britishness, 1870–1920. Chair: Rappaport.
- Minor, Ryan, A Rope of Many Fibers: The Making of Transnational Co-operative Citizenship in Ghana. Chair: Miescher.
- Halvorsen, Jesse, Moving Goods, Moving America: Labor, Technology, Policy, Development & The Struggle Over North America’s Largest Port-Logistics Nexus. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Elrod, Andrew, Stabilization Politics in the Twentieth-Century United States: Corporatism, Democracy, and Economic Planning, 1945–1980. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Aquino, Mariel, The Indians of Europe in America: Basque American Narratives of Identity in the American West, 1870–2020. Chair: Rappaport.
- Christian, Laurence, Whyl: The Mid–1970s Anti-Nuclear Mobilization Efforts between a West German Village and Germany’s Younger Generation. Chair: Marcuse.
- Genens, Doug, Whither Rural? Development Policy and the Debate over Rural America’s Future, 1945–1980. Chair: O’Connor.
- Griffith, Brian, Bringing Bacchus to the People: Winemaking and “Making Italians” in Fascist Italy, 1919–1939. Chair: Digeser.
- Nofziger, Chris, In the Shadow of Persecution: Athanasius of Alexandria and the Making of the Arian Heresy. Chair: Digeser.
- Peng, Chiting, The Taiwanese People’s Cold War: Elite Migration, Transnational Advocacy Networks, and the Making of Taiwan’s Democracy, 1977–1987. Chair: Spickard.
- Rocha, Joshua, Military Spectacle in Interwar Britain: Militarism, Propoganda, and the Shadows of World War. Chair: Rappaport.
- White, James, Bows and Spears in Achaemenid Persia. Chair: Lee.
- Beltran, Francisco, Voices of the People: The Mexican American Alternative Press in San Diego, 1963–1978. Chairs: Spickard/Castillo-Munoz.
- Campo, Joseph, Allen, Desert Fox or Hitler Favorite? Myths and Memories of Erwin Rommel: 1941–1970. Chair: Marcuse.
- Fedorova, Maria (Masha), Bigger Than Grain: Soviet-American Agricultural Exchange, 1918–1928.. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Hanson-Kegerreis, Sarah, Elizabe, The Boinebroke Women: Elite Urban Families and Economic Activities in Late Medieval Douai, c. 1285 to 1384. Chair: Farmer.
- Koford, Caitlin, Piety as a Call to Action: Christian Devotion Encouraged through Representations of the Adult Life of Christ. Chair: Farmer.
- Massie, Eric, The Bonds that Bind: Slavery and Familial Relations in the Persia Gulf, 19th and 20th Centuries. Chair: Afray.
- Melczer, Ross, “The Fat Which is Begged for Does Not Make the Hair Pretty”: K.T. Motsete and the Margins of Self-Determination in the Bechuanaland Protectorate.. Chair: Chikowero.
- Rathe, Caitlin, Victoria, Food Assistance Policies and the Transformation of the Public/ Private Welfare State in the United States, 1964–1984. Chair: O’Connor.
- Siefman, Travis, “Performing “Lūchū”: Identity Performance and Foreign Relations in Early Modern Japan,” a study of diplomatic ritual and processions in the 17th–19th centuries. . Chair: Roberts.
- Thompson, William, Keene, Conformity in Word and Deed? Iconoclasm, Community, and the Negotiation of Religious Change in Tudor East Anglia, 1530–1553. Chairs: Bernstein/Tutino.
- Tyrrell, Brian, Bred for the Race: Thoroughbred Horses and the Politics of Pedigree, 1700–2000. Chair: Alagona.
- Warden, Paul, Yellow Fever in the Imagination and Development of an American New Orleans, 1793–1860. Chair: Majewski.
- Yamboliev, Kalina, Narratives of Belonging: Italo-Greek Hagiography and Community Identity in Southern Italy and Sicily, c. 950–1150. Chair: Lansing.
- Alsabagh, Munther, Before Banks: Credit, Society, and Law in Sixteenth-Century Palestine and Syria . Chair: Sabra.
- Baillargeon, David, “A Burmese Wonderland”: British World Mining and the Making of Colonial Burma. Chair: Rappaport.
- Frei, Cheryl , Shaping and Contesting the Past: Monuments, Memory, and Identity in Buenos Aires, 1811-Present. Chair: Cline.
- He, Fang, “Golden Lilies” Across the Pacific: The Paradoxes of Bodies, Admissibility and American Inclusion in Enforcing the Chinese Exclusion Law. Chair: Zhao, Xiaojian.
- Hooton, Laura, Co-Opting the Border: The Dream of African American Integration via Baja California . Chair: Spickard.
- Moore, Laura, From Enslaved to Free Consumers: African Americans’ Struggle for Consumer Autonomy and Purchasing Power in the Civil War and Reconstruction South. Chair: Spickard.
- Stephens, Christopher (Cody), Defining the Monster: The Social Science and Rhetoric of Neo-Marxist Theories of Imperialism in the United States and Latin America, 1945–1973. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Walker, Ryan (Dustin), Unleashing the Financial Sector: Home Loan Deregulation and the Savings and Loan Crisis,1966–1989. Chair: Furner.
- Bender, Elijah, Wind, Forest, Fire and Mountain: An Environmental History of Kai. Chair: Roberts.
- Conrad, James (Delbert), Memory of Italy in the Late Roman Republic and Julio-Claudian Period. Chair: Digeser.
- Ma, Ben (Ma, Tsang Wing), Scribes in Early Imperial China. Chair: Barbieri-Low.
- Paulson, Timothy, Invisible Hooves: Markets and the Environment in the History of American and Transnational Cattle Ranching, 1867–2017. Chair: Alagona.
- Roose, Holly, Multicultural Garveyism. Chair: Spickard.
- Smemo, Kristoffer (Kit Smemo), New Dealized Republicans. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Sonti, Samir, The Price of Prosperity: Inflation, Employment, and the Fate of American Liberalism, 1932–1980. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Stohler, Jason, Family and the Gates: Chinese Immigration and Discourses of Family, 1840–1930. Chair: Xiaojian.
- Barba, Paul (Andres), Enslaved in Texas: Slavery, Migration, and Identity in Native Country. Chairs: Harris/Spickard.
- Ehrenreich, Veronica, The Resilience of Chieftaincy in Kwa Zulu Natal. Chair: Miescher.
- Figliulo-Rosswurm, Joseph, Knox, The Florentine State and Local Society in Tuscany, 1343–1378. Chair: Lansing.
- Kegerreis, Christopher, Michael, Beyond the Borders of the Sun: Alexander of Macedon’s Impact on Geographical Writing. Chair: Lee.
- Malain, Nikki, Marie, The Pope and the Pirates: Piracy and Crusade in the l2th Century. Chair: Lansing.
- Shmagin, Victor, Diplomacy and Force, Borders and Borderlands: Japan-Russia Relations in the Transformation of Japanese Political Culture in the Edo and Early Meiji Periods. Chairs: Roberts/Hasegawa.
- Watts, Tracey, Elizabeth, Beyond the Pleasure Garden: Urban Agriculture in the Ancient Roman World. Chair: Lee.
- Wolpo, Peninah, D., Roman Colonialism: Civic Patronage and the Crystallization of Imperial Forms. Chair: Digeser.
- Zeledon, Jason, Raphael, The United States and the Barbary Pirates: Adventures in Sexuality, State-Building, and Nationalism, 1784–1815. Chairs: Cohen/Majewski.
- Fenrich, Eric (Brett), The Color of the Moon: Interpretations of the Space Race. Chair: Yaqub.
- Jalil, Hanni, Curing the Sick Nation: Public Health in 20th Century Latin America. Chair: Soto Laveaga.
- Jefferson, Alison Rose (Allison Rose Jefferson), Leisure’s Race, Power and Place: The Recreation and Remembrance of African Americans in the California Dream. Chair: Bergstrom.
- Lim, Seonghee (Sunny Lim), Battles of the ‘B’ Longshoremen: Work Culture Changes on the West Coast Waterfront and the Meaning of Union Democracy, 1959–1980. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Maar, Henry, Richard iii, Bedtime for the Bomb: Ronald Reagan and the Anti-Nuclear Movement of the 1980s. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Nemirovsky, Damian, Laica o Libre: The 1958 University Reforms and the Fight over the Identity of the Argentine Nation. Chair: Rock.
- Warkentin, Jackson, Bergman, The Beaver Wars and the Development of European Atlantic Empires in the Seventeenth Century. Chairs: Hamalaninen/Plane.
- Yusufjonova-Abman, Zamira (Zaminra Abman), The Bolshevik Emancipation of Muslim Women of Central Asia: What Went Wrong. Chair: Edgar.
- Abrecht, Ryan, My Neighbor the Barbarian: Immigrant Neighborhoods in Classical Athens, Imperial Rome, and Tang Chang’an. Chair: Digeser.
- Aldebot-Green, Scarlett, The Politics of Youth Citizenship in Costa Rica, 1940s – 1980s. Chair: Soto Laveaga.
- Algoso, Teresa, A, Policing Bodies: Hermaphroditism and Gender in Modern Japan, 1870–2000. Chair: Fruhstuck.
- Baltimore, Paul, From the Camel to the Cadillac: Automobility, Consumption, and the U.S.-Saudi Special Relationship. Chair: Yaqub.
- Dowling, Abigail, Landscape, Politics and Identify: Countess Mahant of Artois’ Natural Resource Management, ca. 1302–1329. Chair: Farmer.
- Eardley-Pryor, Roger, The Global Environmental Moment: Sovereignty and American Science on Spaceship Earth, 1945–1974. Chair: McCray.
- Elliott, Jessica, The Changing Status of Converted Jews in Thirteenth and Fourteenth-Century Northern France. Chair: Farmer.
- Ernst, Brian, Remembering the Danube Swabians: Politics, Acculturation and Memorialization in the Federal Republic of Germany, 1944–2005. Chair: Marcuse.
- Hough, Kenneth, Charles, Rising Sun Over America: Imagining a Japanese Conquest of the United States, 1900–1945. Chair: Spickard.
- Inloes, Tory, Enriching Representation: Finding the Voice and Perspective of Children in California History Museums. Chair: Plane.
- Kim, Moonsil, Food Redistribution during China’s Qin and Han Periods: Accordance and discordance among ideologies, policies, and their implementation. Chair: Barbieri-Low.
- Linn, Jason, The Dark Side of Antiquity: A Social History of Nighttime in Ancient Greece and Rome. Chairs: Lee/Digeser.
- Ludolph, Patrick, “Fitt for Many Imployments:” Gilbert Mabbott, the London Press, and the Working of Westminster. Chair: McGee.
- Magnussen, Andrew, Muslin-Zoroastrian Relations and Religious Violence in Early Islamic Discourse, 600–1100 C.E.. Chair: Humphreys.
- Mckiernan, Zachary, The Public History of a Concentration Camp: Historical Tales of Tragedy and Hope at the National Stadium of Chile. Chair: Bergstrom.
- Rivera, Alicia, Judith Jr, Fear of Miscegenation in the Antebellum Riots of New York 1834, Boston 1835, and Philadelphia 1838. Chair: Majewski.
- Sater, Marie Nichole (Nichole Sater Foss), “The South is All to Me Now”: Caroline Howard Gilman, Southern Womanhood and Transregional Identity. Chair: Majewski.
- Smith, Ty, “A Delightful Deception:” The Politics of Public Memory and the Re-creation of Spanish Santa Barbara, 1920–1987. Chair: Hancock.
- Thomasson, Brian, Darwinism and Religion in England’s State Secondary Schools, 1920–1980. Chair: Osborne.
- Watkins, Sarah, Iron Mothers and Warrior Lovers: Intimacy, Power, and the State in the Nyiginya Kingdom, 1796–1913. Chair: Miescher.
- Attewell, Steve, Public At Work: Direct Job Creation Policy From The New Deal to the Rise of Reagan. Chair: O’Connor.
- Bowman, Megan, Laboring for Global Perfection: The International Dimension of Mid-Nineteenth-Century Fourierism. Chair: Cohen.
- Briggs, Jill, “The Making of the Jamaican National Body: Colonialism and Public Health, 1918–1944” . Chair: Soto Laveaga.
- Brigidi, Bianca Hennies (Bianca Brigidi), Hidden Channels: Indians, Franciscans, Soldiers, and Resistance in California History (1769–1829). Chairs: Dutra/Plane.
- Campbell, Steve (Campbell, Stephen), Fighting the Bank War: How Newspapers, Banks, and the Post Office Shaped Jacksonian Era Politics, 1828–1834. Chairs: Majewski/Cohen.
- Crispin-Peralta, Vanessa, Children at the Edge of the Empire: A History of Childhood in Coastal California’s Pueblos and Missions, 1750–1848. Chair: Plane.
- Daniels, Tim, “The Brazen Walles of this Kingdome:” The History of the First Year of the English Parliamentary Navy, 1642–1643. Chair: McGee.
- Gilman, Roberta, Re-Visioning Winslow, Arizona: Experiments in the Historical Study of Place Employing a Variety of Personal and Modal Perspectives. Chair: Bergstrom.
- Hirsch, Paul, Pulp Empire: Comic Books, Culture, and U.S. Foreign Policy, 1941–1955. Chair: Yaqub.
- Ho, Colleen, A Sign of the Apocalypse or Christendom’s Ally? European-Mongol Relations in the Thirteenth and Fourteenth Centuries. Chair: Lansing.
- Landeros, Pablo, “The Birth of Her Causa: The Ideological, Construction, and Development of Comision Femenil Mexicana Nacional, Inc., 1973–1993” . Chair: Spickard.
- Lau, Chrissy, “Loving Luxury: The Cultural Economy of the Japanese American Home, 1920s. Chair: Spickard.
- Pacino, Nicole, Prescription for a Nation: Public Health in Post-Revolutionary Bolivia, 1952–1964. Chair: Soto Laveaga.
- Shedd, Kirsten, The Decline of Moral and Political Authority: Mainstream Protestants in McCarthyite America. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Smith, Jean, Settler Colonialism after Empire: Race and the Politics of British Migration to Southern Africa, 1939–1980. Chairs: Rappaport/Miescher.
- Thabet, Andrea, Culture as Urban Renewal: Postwar Los Angeles and the Remaking of Public Space. Chair: O’Connor.
- Turtledove, Alison, Holy City under a Curse: Memory, History, and their Appropriation in Late Antique Jerusalem. Chair: Digeser.
- Acevedo-Field, Rafaela, Denunciation of Faith and Family: Crypto-Jews and the Inquisition in Seventeenth-Century Mexico. Chair: Cline.
- Akulov, Dimitri, The Soviet Union and Formation of the Grand Alliance: Soviet Foreign Policy in Cooperation and Conflict with the Western Powers, 1941–1943. Chair: Hasegawa.
- Barber, Megan, Popular Street Protest in Vichy France. Chair: Moure.
- Brock, Julia, Land, Labor, and Leisure: Northern Tourism in the Red Hills Region, 1890–1950. Chair: Majewski.
- Caton, Ricardo, Defensores de la Patria: Mexico’s Army and the Nineteenth-Century Creation of the Mexican Nation. Chair: Soto Laveaga.
- Falck, Susan, Black and White Memory Making in Postwar Natchez, Mississippi, 1865–1935. Chair: Jacobson.
- Fernandez, Leah, Race and the Western Frontier: Colonizing the Imperial Valley, 1900–1948. Chair: Armbruster-Sandoval.
- Foster, Mira (Mira Sczygiol), German Blood – Polish Mind? Exploring the Immigration Histories of Resettlers from Poland to West Germany, 1970s –1990. Chair: Marcuse.
- Frank, Karen, Jewish Women and their Community in late medieval and Renaissance Perugia. Chair: Lansing.
- Garcia, Monica, A History of Mexicans and Americans in the Coal Mining Regions of the Rocky Mountain West, 1880–1928. Chairs: Spickard/Vargas.
- Lamoree, Elizabeth (Lamoree, Lizzie), The Managed Crisis: Labor Relations and Management in California Agriculture, 1930–1980. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Perry, Nathan, “The Politics of Spectacle: Ideology and Ambition in Jacobean Court Ceremonies” . Chair: McGee.
- Rosales, Oliver, “Mississippi West”: Race, Politics, and Civil Rights in California’s Central Valley, 1947–1984. Chair: Garcia.
- Tubb, Tara, Confronting the Stasi Past: The Re-Birth of Democracy and the Death of the East German Street Police. Chair: Marcuse.
- Vallance, Monique, D. Luisa de Gusmao: Gender and Power in Seventeenth Century Portugal. Chair: Dutra.
- Welty Tamai, Lily Anne (Welty, LilyAnne), Advantage Through Crisis: Multiracial American Japanese in Post-World War II Japan, Okinawa, and America 1945–1972. Chair: Spickard.
- Winslow, Rachel, “Colorblind Empire: International Adoption, Social Policy, and the American Family, 1945–1976”. Chair: Jacobson.
- Bloom, Ibukun, Sacred Travels: Religious Identity and its Effect on the Reception of Travelers in the Eastern Roman Mediterranean. Chair: Drake.
- Caldwell, Amy, “A True and Certain Means to Peace”: Small State Diplomacy and Reformation in Zurich 1515–1526. Chair: McGee.
- Devoy, Maeve, Politicized Justice: Investigating the President from Watergate to Whitewater. Chair: Kalman.
- Dufault, Olivier, The Sources of Greek Alchemical Inquiry. Chair: Digeser.
- Jensen, Jill, International Labor Standards and the Building of Two Postwar Orders: The United States and the Internaional Labor Organization, 1919–1954. Chair: Furner.
- Moger, Travis, Wolfgang Koenigstein and the Reformation in Frankfurt am Main, 1520–1533. Chair: McGee.
- Nader, Nadia, The Memory of the Mihna in a Haunted Time: Dogmatic Theology, Neo-Mu’tazilism and Islamic Legal Reform. Chair: Humphreys.
- Olivera, Elena, If Only She Could Speak for Herself: Representations of a California Channel Islands Woman, 1840s–2000s. Chair: Plane.
- Scholl, John, Heresy and Religious Life in Fourteenth Century Piedmont. Chair: Lansing.
- Scholl, Lindsey, The Pelagian Controversy: A Heresy in its Intellectual Context. Chair: Digeser.
- Wood, Warren, City Fathers: Social Change, Economic Transformation, and the Lives of Fathers in San Francisco, 1849–1920. Chair: Cohen.
- Ziomek, Kirsten, Subaltern Speak: Imperial Multiplicities in Japan’s Empire and Post-War Colonialisms. Chair: Fruhstuck.
- Bengry, Justin, The Pink Pound: Commerce and Homosexuality in Britain, 1900–1967. Chair: Rappaport.
- Delgadillo, Charles, Destiny and Democracy: Liberals, Reform, and U.S. Foreign Policy,1914–1941. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Farzaneh, Mohammad Mateo (Mateo Farzaneh), Shi’ite Clerical Authority and Modern Politics: Mulla Muhammad Kazim Khurasani of Najaf and His Support of the Iranian Constitutional Revolution of 1906–1911. Chair: Humphreys.
- Gill, Andrea, “A Decent Home in a Suitable Environment”: the Struggles to Desegregate Public Housing in New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles. Chair: O’Connor.
- Griffith, Sarah, Conflicting Dialogues: The Survey of Race Relations in the Trans-Pacific and the Fight for Asian American Racial Equality. Chair: Spickard.
- Hayden-Smith, Rose, Sowing the Seeds of Victory: National Wartime Gardening Programs in the United States During World War I. Chair: Bergstrom.
- Mason, John (Alan Mason), Mobilizing the Left: The Moldovan Internationalist Countermovement and the Origins of the Moldovan Civil War. Chair: Edgar.
- Sciarcon, Jonathan, Narrative, Memory, and Shifting Identities: Aspects of Social and Political Change Among Iraqi Jews, 1864–1951. Chair: Gallagher.
- Seto, Brandon, Filling the Spiritual Vacuum: Douglas MacArthur, American Christianity and the Occupation of Japan. Chair: Spickard.
- Sjursen, Katrin, Peaceweavers Sisters: Medieval Noblewomen as Military Leaders in Northern France, 1000–1337. Chair: Farmer.
- Smith, Steven, A Friend or a Foe: Popular Perceptions of Persia in England, 1598–1688. Chair: McGee.
- Weiss, Jessica, Convent as Classroom: The Education of Women in Renaissance Italy. Chair: Lansing.
- Wieben, Corinne, A Kind of Marriage: Marriage in Dispute in Medieval Lucca (1341–1361). Chair: Lansing.
- Zarnow, Leandra, A Very Simple Sense of Justice:’ Bella Abzug, Jewish Radicalism and the Legal Left from the Popular Front to the Cold War. Chair: Boris.
- Archambeau, Nicole, Healing Emotional Distress in a Time of Plague and War: Witnesses to the Canonization of Delphine de Puimichel (1363). Chair: Farmer.
- Atassi, Ahmad, A History of Ibn Sa’d’s Biographical Dictionary Kitab al-Tabaqat Al-Kabi. Chair: Humphreys.
- Bassi, Joseph, Creating a Scientific Peak: How Boulder, Colorado Became a World Center for Space and Atmospheric Science, 1945–1965. Chair: McCray.
- Dineen-Wimberly, Ingrid (Ingrid Page), Mixed-Race Leadership in African America: The Regalia of Race and National Identity in the U.S., 1862–1916. Chair: Spickard.
- Ferry, Michelle, The Thin Red Line: Native American Culture Bearers, Memory and the Museum. Chair: Plane.
- Harris, Bonnie, From Zbaszyn to Manila: The Holocaust Odyssey of Joseph Cysner and the Philippine Rescue of Refugee Jews. Chair: Marcuse.
- Haynes, April, Riotous Flesh: Gender, Physiology, and the Solitary Vice. Chair: Cohen.
- Lemmond, Jon, “The Greatest Disorder on the Earth”: Domestic Abuse in Sixteenth-Century Nuremberg. Chair: Friesen.
- Marx-Wolf, Heidi, Platonists and High Priests: Daemonology, Ritual and Social Order in the Third Century C.E.. Chairs: Drake/Digeser.
- Moreno, Marisol, ’Of the Community, For the Community’ The Chicana/o Student Movement in California’s Public Higher Education, 1967–1973. Chair: Garcia.
- Morrison, Heidi, Childhood, Modernity, and Nation-Building in Egypt, 1890–1939. Chair: Gallagher.
- Mukerjee, Anil, Financing an Empire in the South Atlantic: The Fiscal Administration of Colonial Brazil, 1609–1703. Chair: Dutra.
- Munro, John, The Anticolonial Front: Cold War Imperialism and the Struggle against Global White Supremacy, 1945–1960. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Murillo, Bianca, Market Relations: Retailing, Distribution, and the Politics of Consumption in Ghana, 1930–1970s. Chair: Miescher.
- Nakamoto, Sharleen (Levine, Sharleen). Chair: Spickard.
- Robinson, Jack, The Franciscan Friars of New Mexico: Three Borderlands Trails toVatican II, 1957–1985. Chair: Garcia.
- Sandul, Paul, Harvesting Suburbs: Recalling the Suburban Side of California’s Agricultural Colonization. Chairs: Bergstrom/Hancock.
- Shanks, Mark, Very Civil Wars: Reenactors, Academics, and the Performance of the Past. Chair: Plane.
- Shermer, Elizabeth, Creating the Sunbelt: The Political and Economic Transformation of Phoenix, Arizona. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Wahlstrom, Todd, The Southern Exodus to Mexico: Migration Across the Borderlands after the US Civil War. Chair: Majewski.
- Birk, Joshua, Sicilian Counterpoint: Power and Pluralism in Norman Sicily. Chair: Lansing.
- Brownson, Elizabeth. Chair: Gallagher
- Fournier, Eric, Victor of Vita and the Vandal ‘Persecution:’ Interpreting Exile in Late Antiquity. Chairs: Drake/Digeser.
- Huffaker, Shauna, The Lay of the Land: Property, Gender and Household in the Development of al-Darb al-ahmar Neighborhood in Mamluk Cairo. Chair: Humphreys.
- Kester, James (Matt Kester), Remembering Iosepa: History, Place, and Religion in the American West. Chair: Spickard.
- Petersen, Anne, Adobe Days, Lost and Found: Imagining Southern California History in San Juan Capistrano and Santa Barbara, 1870–1940. Chair: Plane.
- Smoley, John, Seizing Victory from the Jaws of Deterrence: Preservation and Public Memory of America’s Nike Air Defense Missile System. Chair: Simpson.
- Staples, Eric, Intersections: Power, Religion and Technology in Seventeenth-Century Sale-Rabat. Chair: Humphreys.
- Stordeur Pryor, Elizabeth (Pryor, Elizabeth), “Jim Crow” Cars, Passport Denials and Atlantic Crossings: African-American Travel, Protest and Citizenship at Home and Abroad, 1827–1865. Chair: Cohen.
- Swanson, Jon, The Rise of the MLBPA: One Craft Guild’s Safe Path Home. Chair: Lichtenstein.
- Aono, Toshihiko, The Twin Crises and the Anglo-American Alliance, 1961–1962. Chair: Hasegawa.
- Blodgett, Michael, Attila, Flagellum Dei? Huns and Romans, Conflict and Cooperation in the Late Antique World. Chair: Drake.
- Boyle, Eric, The Boundaries of Medicine: Redefining Therapeutic Orthodoxy in an Age of Reform. Chair: Osborne.
- Dormady, Jason, Not Just a Better Mexico: Intentional Religious Community and the Mexican State, 1940–1964. Chair: Cline.
- Feinberg, Carol, The Knowledge Traders: Psychological Experts, Political Intellectuals, and the Rise of the New Right. Chair: Furner.
- Herbst Lewis, Carolyn (Carolyn Lewis), Coitus Perfectus: The Medicalization of Heterosexuality in the Cold War United States. Chair: Rupp.
- Lampe, Mary Ellen, Survival and Profit: Witnessing Groups in Post-Vespers Palermo. Chair: Lansing.
- Logrono-Narbona, Maria del Mar, The Development of Nationailst Identities in French Syria and Lebanon: A Transnational Dialogue with Arab Immigrants to Argentina and Brazil, 19l5–1929. Chair: Gallagher.
- O’Tool, Mark, Caring for the Blind in Medieval Paris: Life at the Quinz-vingts, 1250–1430. Chair: Farmer.
- Proulx, Michael, Speculum Episcopis: History, Hagiography, and Episcopal Competition in the Works of Sulpicius Severus and Paulinus of Milan. Chair: Drake.
- Smith, Travis, Race and the Shifting Economy in California’s Northern Interior. Chair: Spickard.
- Stabler, Tanya (Tanya Stabler Miller), Now She is Martha, Now She is Mary: Beguine Communities in Medieval Paris (1250–1470). Chair: Farmer.
- Trudgen Dawson, Sandra (Dawson, Sandra), Islands of Leisure: British Holiday Camps in War and Peace. Chair: Rappaport.
- Werthmuller, Kurt, An In-Between Space: An Archival and Textual Study of Coptic Identity and Ayyubid Politics in Egypt, 1171–1250 C.E.. Chair: Humphreys.
- Ziegler, Vanessa. Chair: Dutra
- Chapman, Jessica, Debating the Will of Heaven: South Vietnamese Politics and Nationalism in Intrnational Perspective, 1953–1956. Chair: Logevall.
- Malikov, Yuriy, Formation of a Borderland Culture: Myths and Realities of Cossack- Kazakh Relations in Northern Kazakhstan in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries. Chairs: Hasegawa/Edgar.
- Pastrano, Jose, Industrial Agriculture in the Peripheral South: State, Race, and the Politics of Migrant Labor in Texas, 1890–1930. Chair: Vargas.
- Sbardellati, John, Hollywood’s Cold War: The FBI, Congress, and the Battle over Film Propaganda. Chair: Logevall.
- Schuster, David, Neurasthenic Nation: The Medicalization of Modernity in the United States, 1869–1920. Chair: Furner.
- Torres-Rouff, David, Making Los Angeles: Race, Space, and Municipal Power, 1822–1890. Chair: Spickard.
- Valente, Jose, Soldiers and Settlers: The Knights Templar in Portugal, 1128–1319. Chair: Dutra.
- Walker, Isaiah, ‘Reagan Set Table for Savings and Loan Orgy:’ Reagan, Deregulation, and the Savings and Loan Crisis. Chair: Spickard.
- Wright, Christopher, Ibn ’Abd al-Hakam’s ‘Futuhmisr:’ An Analysis of the Text and New Insights into the Islamic Conquest of Egypt. Chair: Stephen Humphreys, Nancy Gallagher, Hal Drake, Christine Thomas.
- Zakariya, Hafiz, Islamic Reform in Colonial Malaya: Shaykh Tahir Jalaluddin and Sayyid Shaykh al-Hadi. Chair: Humphreys.
- Avery Sutton, Matthew (Sutton, Matthew), Aimee Semple McPherson and the Remaking of American Faith, Politics, and Culture. Chair: DeHart.
- Burden, David, La Idea Salvadora: Immigration and Colonization Politics in Mexico, 1821–1857. Chair: Cline.
- Carniello, Brian, The Notaries of Bologna: Family, Profession and Popular Politics in a Medieval Italian City-State. Chair: Lansing.
- Kim, Monte, The Southern Pacific Railroad and the Making of Place and Commun in California. Chair: Bergstrom.
- McLoughlin, Nancy, Universitas, Secular-Mendicant Conflict and the Construction of Learned Male Authority in the Thought of Jean Gerson. Chair: Farmer.
- Rapp, Anne, A Marginalized Voice for Racial Justice: Charlotta Bass and Oppositional Politics, 19l4–1960. Chair: DeHart.
- Schraub (Quinney), Kimber (Kimber Quinney), The United States, Great Britain, and Dismantling Italian Fascism, 1943–1948. Chair: Logevall.
- Sizgorich, Thomas,* Monks, Martyrs and Mujahidun: Militant Piety in Late Antiquity and Early Islam. Chair: Drake.
- Swiontek, Danielle, With Ballots and Pocketbooks: Women, Labor, and Reform in Progressive California. Chair: DeHart.
- Widders, Evan, Healing Medicine: Medical Reform in the Spanish Enlightenment, 1767–1788. Chair: Osborne.
- Ashenmiller, Josh (Joshua), The National Environmental Policy Act and the Green Decade, 1969–1981. Chair: Furner.
- Baranski, John, Making Public Housing in San Francisco: Liberalism, Social Prejudice, and social Activism, 1906–1976. Chair: Furner.
- Bernikho-Canin, Rhimou, Saints, Sufis, and Sultans: the Zawiya of Wazzan, a Moroccan Sufi Order, l792–1892. Chair: Gallagher.
- Bromber, Robert, English Abandonados and Afortunados: Class and Spanish Justice the Atlantic world, l568-l576. Chair: Dutra.
- Emerson, Mark, Messianic Expectation and Collective Myth Formation: Prophecy, Society and Imagination in Early Modern Portugual. Chair: Dutra.
- Esselstrom, Erik, GAI KEI: The Japanese Consular Police in Northeast Asia, 1880–1945. Chairs: Fogel/Roberts.
- Hagen, Timothy, Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden and the English Press: News, Foreig Policy and Popular Opinion in Early Stuart England. Chair: McGee.
- Hall, David, Amy Brown Lyman and Mormon Women’s Activism, 1872–1959. Chair: DeHart.
- Hendrickson, Gerald (Mark Henrickson), Labor Knowledge and the Building of Modern Industrial Relations, 1918–1929. Chair: Furner.
- Kelly, Jason, Polite Sociability and Levantine Archeology in the British. Chair: Guerrini.
- Nenzi, Laura (Nenz Detto Nenzi, Laura), The Culture of Travel in Edo Period Japan. Chair: Roberts.
- Polanah, Paulo, Exceptionalism and the Imperial Mystique: National and Colonial Discourse, and the Forging of a Portuguese Imperial Identity, 1928–1945. Chair: Dutra.
- See, Jennifer, The Interregnum: Great Power Relations Between World War and Cold War, 1945–1947. Chair: Logevall.
- Whitesides, John (Greg Whitesides), Genes, Minds and Selves: American Science, Religion and the Industry of Faith and Reason. Chair: Badash.
- Zulueta, Benjamin, “Brains at a Bargain”: Refugee Chinese Intellectuals, American Science, and the Cold War of the Classrooms. Chair: Badash.
- Brown, Jamece, Expressions of Faith and Spiritual Power in African American Religious Literature. Chair: Harris.
- Carlander, Jay, Discipline and Profit: Slavery and Labor in Antebellum Southern Econmic Thought and Ideology. Chair: Harris.
- Epstein, Alexandra, Linking a State to the World: Female Internationalists, California, and the Pacific, 1919–1939. Chair: Cohen.
- Hattingh, Alistair, Cuyo and Goliath. The Province of San Juan and The Argentine Federal Government, 1930–1943. Chair: Rock.
- Helfferich, Tryntje, “The Scepter Rests Well in the Hands of a Woman:” Faith, Politics, and the Thirty Years War. Chair: Sonnino.
- Howes, Rachel, Mu’ayyad fil-Din al-Shirazi and the Fatimid Dawa in the Age of al-Mustansir. Chair: Humphreys.
- Keaney, Heather, Recollections of Regicide: Uthman ibn ’Affan in Mamluk Memory. Chair: Humphreys.
- Miller, Andrew, Carpe Ecclesiam Households, Identity & Violent Communication (‘Church ’ & ‘Crown’ under King Edward I). Chair: Farmer.
- Racine, Matt (Racine, Matthew), “A Most Opulent Iliad”: The Portuguese Occupation of Southern Morocco (l505-l542): The Fortunes of a Frontier Society. Chair: Dutra.
- Wilson, Edward, Coercion and Dissent: Political Policy Against Religious Nonconformists in randenburg-Ansbach-Kulmbach and the Holy Roman Empire, l527–2566. Chair: Friesen.
- Case, Sarah, Renegotiating Race and Respectability in the Classroom: Women an and Education in the New South. Chair: DeHart.
- Cory, Stephen, Chosen by God to Rule: The Caliphate and Political Legitimacy in Early Modern Morocco. Chair: Humphreys.
- Dan, Shao, Ethnicity in Empire and Nation: Manchus, Manzhouguo, and Manchuria (1911–1952). Chair: Joshua Fogel.
- Emmons, Jim, The Limits of Late Antiquity: St. Aed mac Bricc and the Irish in Late Antiquity. Chair: Drake.
- Fogarty, Richard, Race and War in France: Colonial Subjects in the French Army, 1914–1918. Chair: Talbott.
- Heitschmidt, Traci Lynn, The Quest for Uranium: Environmental and Political Effects of Soviet Mining Policy In East Germany, 1945–1967. Chair: Marcuse.
- McDermott, Peter, Sir Henry Vane, Jr: The Formation of a Puritan Conscience. Chair: McGee.
- Shao, Dan, Ethnicity in Empire and Nation: Manchus, Manzhouguo, and Manchuria, 19ll–1952. Chair: Fogel.
- Snyder, Susan, Woman as Heretic: Gender and Lay Religion in Late Medieva Bologna. Chair: Lansing.
- Hamblin, Jacob, Oceanography and International Cooperation During the Early Cold War. Chair: Badash.
- Osgood, Kenneth, Total Cold War: US Propaganda in the ‘Free World,’ 1953–1960. Chair: Logevall.
- Schwartzberg, Beverly, Grass Widows, Barbarians, and Bigamists: Fluid Marriage in Late Ninettenth-Century America. Chair: Cohen.
- Stephens, Justin, Ecclesiastical and Imperial Authority in the Writings of John Chrysostom: A Reinterpretation of His Political Philosophy. Chair: Drake.
- Ventry, Dennis, The Treatment of Marriage Under the Federal Income Tax, 19l3–2000. Chair: Brownlee.
- Adamson, Michael, Inventing U.S. Foreign Aid From Private of Public Funding of Economic Development, 1919–194l. Chair: Brownlee.
- Dodd, Douglas, Preserving Multiple Use Management: The U.S. Forest Service, the National Park Service and the Struggle for Idaho’s Sawtooth Mountain Country, 19ll–1972. Chair: Bergstrom.
- Guevarra, Rudy, Mexipino: A History of Multiethnic Identity and the Formation of the Mexican and Filipino Communities of San Diego, 1900–1965. Chair: Vargas.
- Gustafson, Stephanie, “A Presse Full of Pamphlets:” The Printing of News in London, l640-l642. Chair: McGee.
- Johns, Andrew, The Loyal Opposition: The Republican Party and the Domestic Politics of the Vietnam War, 1960–1969. Chair: Logevall.
- Manatt, Alan, Luther Legalized: Imperial Politics and the Reformation, 1521–1526. Chair: Friesen.
- McGowan, William,* The Garbage Kings: An Economic History of America’s Garbage Industry, 1890–1995. Chair: Brownlee.
- Neo, Peng-fu, A Study of the “Auxiliary Texts of the Book of Changes”. Chair: Chen.
- Stockdale, Nancy, Gender and Colonialism in Palestine 1800–1948: Encounters among English, Arab and Jewish Women. Chair: Gallagher.
- Wertheimer, Laura, The Ecclesiastical Construction of Illegitimacy in the Middle Ages. Chair: Farmer.
- Ziegler-McPherson, Christina, “Americanization: The California Plan”: The Commission of Immigration and Housing of California and Public Policy, 19l3–1923. Chair: Brownlee.
- Brown, Bradford, Kingship and the French Revolution of 1830: The Meaning of Royal Authority in Popular Political Culture and Orleanism. Chair: Talbott.
- Chambers, Kevin, Rural Transformation Under General Stroessner. Chair: Rock.
- Dubrulle, Hugh, “A War of Wonders”: The Battle in Britain Over Americanization and the American Civil War. Chair: Talbott.
- Erickson, Christine, Conservative Women and Patriotic Maternalism: The Beginnings of Gendered Conservative Tradition in the 1920s and 1930s.. Chair: Cohen.
- Espinosa, Gaston, Borderland Religion: Los Angeles and the Origins of the Latino Pentecostal Movement in the US, Mexico, and Puerto Rico, 1900–1945. Chair: Garcia.
- Gerish, Deborah, Shaping the Crown on Gold: Constructions of Royal Identity in the First Kingdom of Jerusalem, l099-l187. Chair: Farmer.
- Jenks, Robert, Governing in the Absence of Government: The Birth and Development of the United States Industrial Standards System. Chairs: Graham/.
- Koed, Betty (Koed, Elizabeth), The Politics of Reform: Policymakers and the Immigration Act of 1965. Chair: Graham.
- McEnroe, Maureen. Chairs: McGee/Golin.
- Orozco, Monica, Protestant Missionaires, Mexican Liberals, Nationalism and the Issue of Cultural Incorporation of Indigenous Peoples. Chair: Cline.
- Poggo, Scopas, War and Conflict in the Southern Sudan, 1955–1972. Chair: Collins.
- Statler, Kathryn, From the French to the Americans: Intra-Alliance Politics, Cold War Concerns, and the Cultural Conflict in Vietnam, 1950–1960. Chair: Logevall.
- Stoertz, Fiona (Fiona Harris-Stoertz), Adolescence in Medieval Culture: The High Medieval Transformatio. Chair: Farmer.
- Bauman, Robert, Race, Class and Political Power: The Implementation of the War on Poverty in Los Angeles. Chair: Kalman.
- Burns, James, Cinema and Empire in Colonial Zimbabwe. Chair: Collins.
- Cardoza, Thomas, Duty to the Nation, Devotion to the Regiment: Cantinieres of the French Army, l792–1906. Chair: Talbott.
- Carpenter, Gerald, The Fortune of Angelicque Favre. Chair: Sonnino.
- Espinosa, David, Jesuit Higher Education in Post-Revolutionary Mexico: The Iberoamerican University (1943–197l). Chairs: Rock/Cline.
- Garrett, Valery, The Final Frontier: A History of Assisted Suicide in the United States, 1938–199l. Chair: Graham.
- Grunden, Walter, Science Under the Rising Sun: Weapons Development and the Organization of Science in World War II Japan. Chair: Roberts.
- McBride, Deborah, Benevolent Letters: Ecclesiastical Epistles to Nobles in the Early 20th Century. Chair: Russell.
- McCann, Christine, Spiritual Mentoring in late Antique and Early Medieval Europe. Chair: Russell.
- Morgan, Ronald (Ron Morgan), Saints, Biographers and Creole Identity Formation in Colonial Spanish America. Chair: Cline.
- Rodriquez, Alicia, Urban Populism: Challenges to Democratic Control in Dallas, Texas: 1887–1900. Chair: Harris.
- Schmidt, David, “Till Christ Jesus Be Exalted”: Quaker Political Pamphlets During the Restoration of the Rump Parliament. Chair: McGee.
- Schmoll, Brett, Gendered Death in Public Life. Chair: Bergstrom.
- Stark, Lynne, The Gaia Hypothesis and the Re-Animation of Nature. Chair: Badash.
- Barton, Richard, Power and Lordship in Maine, c. 890–1110. Chair: Hollister.
- Ching, Erik, From Clientelism to Militarism: The State, Politics and Authoritarianism in El Salvador, ca. 1840–1940. Chair: Rock.
- Geraci, Victor, Grapegrowing to Vintibusiness: A History of the Santa Barbara, California, Regional Wine Industry, 1965–1995. Chair: Graham.
- Gutierrez, Gabriel, Bell Towers, Crucifixes, and Canones Violentos: State and Identity Formation in Preindustrial California. Chair: Vargas.
- Helmerichs, Robert, Law, Language, and Politics in the Norman and Anglo-Norman World. Chair: Hollister.
- Rocchi, Fernando, Building a Nation, Building a Market: Industrial Growth and the Domestic Economy in Turn of the Century Argentina. Chair: Rock.
- Zahniser, Keith, Popular Religion and Reform in Progressive Era Pittsburgh. Chair: Graham.
- Cahill, Richard, Faith and Power in Sixteenth Century Europe: Young Philipp of Hesse and the Reformation. Chair: Friesen.
- DePalma Digeser, Elizabeth (Digeser, Elizabeth), Lactantius, Constantine and the Roman Res Publica. Chair: Drake.
- Marsano, Viviana, “Those Who Wish for Peace Must Prepare For War:” The Ulster Volunteer Force and the Home Rule Crisis of 19l2–19l4. Chair: Gollin.
- Reaves, Michaela (Michaela Crawford Reaves), The Farmer’s Revolt: Arms and Fraternity in California, 1870–1880. Chair: Oglesby.
- Sugiyama, Shigeru , Reluctant Neighbors: U.S.-Mexican Relations and the Failure of Cardenista Reforms, 1934–1949. Chair: Logevall.
- Allard, Charles. Chair: Hsu.
- Davis, Miriam, The Medieval English Urban Environment: Learned Views and Popular Practices. Chair: Hollister.
- Garcilazo, Jeffrey,* Traqueros: Mexican Railroad Workers in the United States, 1871–1930. Chair: Garcia.
- Hively, Bill. Chair: Kirker.
- Lumsden, Douglas, “And Then the End Will Come”: Early Latin Christian Interpretations of the Opening of the Seven Seals. Chair: Russell.
- Salinas, Tomas, Pearl Chase, John Collier, and Indian Reform Through the New Deal Native American Affairs in California and the West, 1880–1937. Chair: Garcia.
- Anzilotti, Cara, In the Affairs of the World: Women and Plantation Ownership in the Eighteenth Century South Carolina Lowcountry. Chair: Cohen.
- Barker, Rosanne, Small Town Progressivism: Pearl Chase and Female Activism in Santa Barbara, 1909–1929. Chair: Cohen.
- Cotter, Joseph, Before the Green Revolution: Mexican Agricultural Policy, 1920–1949. Chair: Rock.
- Mead, Karen, Oligarchs, Doctors and Nuns: Public Health and Beneficence in Buenos Aires, 1880–1714. Chair: Rock.
- Pope, Janet, The Aristocratic Patronage of the English Monastic Reform, 946-1016. Chair: Hollister.
- Robertson, Stacey, Parker Pillsbury, Antislavery Apostle: Gender and Religion in Nineteenth-Century U.S. Radicalism. Chair: Cohen.
- Strand, Jennifer, Maximum Freedom and the Limits of Community: Isla Vista, California, 1925–1974. Chair: Harris.
- Wang, Zuoyue, American Science and the Cold War: The Rise of the U.S. President Science Advisory Committee. Chair: Badash.
- Adair, Penelope, Countess Clemence and Her Role in the Comital Family and in Flanders, 1092–1133. Chair: Hollister.
- Bjerre-Poulsen, Niels, Organizing the American Right, 1945–1964. Chair: Kelley.
- Ishkanian, Judith, Religion and Honor at Chapel Hill: The College Odyssey of William Sydney Mullins, 1840–1842. Chair: Harris.
- McDonald, Melissa, Labor Pains: Sex Discrimination and the Implementation of Title VII, 1964–1980. Chair: Cohen.
- Mueller, Robert, Service to the Sovereign: A Prosopographical Study of the Royal Household, Court and Privy Council of Elizabeth I of England through an Examination of the Careers of Sir Francis Knollys, Sir James Croft and Francis Russell. Chair: McGee.
- Neushul, Peter, Science, Technology, and the Arsenal of Democracy Production Research and Development During World War II. Chair: Badash.
- Roth, Mitchel, The Western Cholera Trail: Studies in the Urban Response to Epidemic Disease in the Trans-Mississippi West, 1848–1850. Chair: Oglesby.
- Ryder, Janet, Miracles and Mentality: The Medieval Experience. Chair: Russell.
- Suydam, Mary, Hadewijch of Antwerp and the Mengeldichten. Chair: Russell.
- Tanner, Heather, Between Scylla and Charybdis: The Political Role of the Comital Family of Boulogne in northern France and England (879-ll59). Chair: Hollister.
- Babcock, Robert, Rule and Society in South-West Wales, 1079–1197. Chair: Hollister.
- Bachmuth, Claire, Two Worlds: Romantic Medievalism of Victorian Artists. Chair: Gollin.
- Huneycutt, Lois, Another Esther in our Times: Matilda II and the Formation of a Queenly Ideal in Anglo-Norman England. Chair: Hollister.
- Oshio, Kazuto, Urban Water Diplomacy: A Policy History of the Metropolitan Water Supply in the Twentieth Century Southern California. Chair: Kelley.