In addition to our 15 Fields of Study, our department has organized 7 cross-field Research Clusters.
- Gender and Sexualities
- Empires, Borderlands, and their Legacies
- Commerce, Commodities, and Material Cultures
- Religion, Cultures, and Society
- Science, Technology, and Society
- Pre-Modern Cultures and Communities
- Public History and Theory
Our clusters reflect the methodological and thematic strengths of the department and often include faculty from across our standard fields. They will feature new and relevant courses as well as sponsor outside speakers, workshops, and seminars.